Life, and everything else, is simply better with freshly-baked chocolate chip cookies.
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies that Ever Existed:
- 125g butter/ margarine
- 30ml castor sugar
- 125ml condensed milk
- 375ml (210g) self-raising flour
- Chocolate chips – measure with your soul
- Cream the butter/ margarine and castor sugar.
- Beat in condensed milk.
- Taste test…
- Sift flour and add to mixture.
- Add chocolate chips with reckless abandon.
- If you want approximately 28 cookies, roll the mixture into teaspoonful-sized balls and place on a greased baking tray, then flatten slightly with a fork. Or simply roll balls into whatever size you feel you need, place on baking tray and flatten slightly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160*C for 15-20 minutes.
- If you have the fortitude and patience, cool on a wire rack.
The recipe actually calls for 80g of chocolate chips; a limitation I find rude. Chocolate chips are measured with the heart and soul. These cookies were baked in their hundreds to serve to wedding guests as favours* on 25.09. The 80g limitation was thrown to the birds and we simply kept adding a delightful mixture of dark, milk, and white chocolate chips that resulted in sublimely decadent morsels of deliciousness; like fairies moonwalking across your tongue!
*Wrapped in gorgeous velvet boxes and attached to cards detailing the donations we had made on behalf of our family and friends.